Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Word about Pippi


THIS ... is Pippi Longstocking. Or, at least, it's the actress who played Pippi in one of the productions of Astrid Lindgren's books. If you are not familiar with her, brace yourself. She is NOT a politically correct character. She lives in a house, with no adult supervision. Her father is a sea captain, who is never home, and I don't remember what the story is with her mother.
She skips school, causes trouble in general, has a monkey - Mr.Nillson, and a horse that is MISIDENTIFIED as an appaloosa named Old Man.

That's right. You heard me. Old Man is NOT an Appaloosa. He's a Knabstrupper. What's that? You don't believe me? Well, too bad - it's true! When Pippi was made into a movie, they took the description of the horse, and assigned the breed to it - however, Appaloosas are in greatest population in the western U.S. Pippi is from Sweden, where there is a rare breed that looks, in color, like an appaloosa. Here is one ....



Not an appy. Not even by a longshot. Still don't believe me? Well, read up on them - http://www.knabstruppers.com/index.htm#knabs it's where I got the above picture from, and I wouldn't lie to ya. I'm here to inform. ;)

I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while. Everytime I see anything with Pippi it gets me thinking about these fellas. That is all for now! Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty horse that is. You are quite the busy lady...How do you find the time to be an artist, "horsewhisperer", mother, photographer, webdesigner, etc. You are definately one to admired Kimmi Bollman!

    P.s. Davey and I may have some relation to each other because I run into things all the time.:)

    ReplyDelete