Thursday, March 4, 2010

WOW! How cool is THAT??

So, I am feeling like a better version of myself. I don't know how else to put it. I just feel like a better, happier, better adjusted version of ME. As a result, my positive, cheery side has been irritating people in new and exciting ways!!! Yay!! I've also made a new friend - woo hoo! But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's see...

I am a member of this killer hunting forum. I may or may not have mentioned it before ... it's http://www.thunderbucks.com and it's a very family friendly place. Well, anyhoo, over the past oh, year or so, I have not been really active. I check the site, sure - but I have hardly ever signed in unless it was to leave a snarky comment. Then, my interest was piqued. There was a new member - with a fabulous name :) The Swede. I am, of course, Qtswede, so this was a matter that needed my immediate attention! Another Swede??? NO. FREAKIN. WAY.
I LOVE SWEDES! WE'RE THE BESTEST!!
So I made a 'weclome' thread, and whaddaya know, it's not too long, and I get a PM askin' about my handle. We have been chatting now for a couple weeks, and it's absolutley facinating how hunting works in Sweden. Some of the game is .. similar, but not alike. He is more of a deer & bird fella, with some wild russian boar thrown in, whereas I love me my bear hunting :)
It's fun! AND, I have yet another Swede to check my horrid attempt at learning Swedish. I am workin' on it, and I will get it. It's just too much fun to say. I love the way it sing songs off my tongue. My oldest son will answer my questions in english *sometimes* and my husband just looks at me like I am some odd ball brunette version of Pippi Longstocking. It's great. But, I will cover the pippi thing next time. That is a post all it's own. ;)

Anyhow, good on me for being internationally friendly! SEE!!! My self medicating thyroid/adrenal uppers are making me in such a good mood that not only am I easier for my family and friends to deal with, but I can take it to international levels!!! TAKE THAT DR.SMARTYPANTS!! WOO HOO!!!

Now, I must go pull out my saddle. I have things to do tomorrow with a friend, and I cannot be sidetracked.

Pippi tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. You're so silly but that's why we are still friends after all these years. Us silly folks need to stick together. I am glad you made a new Swede friend. Sounds like you two have a lot in common :)

    ReplyDelete