Friday, January 14, 2011

Artistic Possibilities

Did you know that I was an Art Major? Shocker, right? Yes, I love the artistic side of things. I really like drawing, painting, pottery, even sculpture sometimes. I get down with jewelry making, collage, woodworking. and pretty much anything else that I can get my hands on.

I adored my high school art teacher. She is one hell of a lady. Most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen on a real live human being. She inspired a lot of people to go with their art. She made us do a lot of contour drawing, which, at the time, I didn't understand, but once I committed myself to really learning to do it well - WOW. I started to really get into it. I don't think that I can begin ANY drawing without starting it as a contour anymore.
After I got through high school, I took every art class that the local community college offered. Before it was over, I was on my way to becoming an art teacher. I had the blessings of my High School teacher, and my college art profs. Then reality hit me.
Every single school in the state was cutting their art programs. I was pursuing a job that by the time I got out of school would likely be non existent.
It killed the art in me for a while.
but, I have rallied, with the help of some damn good meds for depression, herbals, and a supportive hubby. I still plan on having a horse back riding school, but until I can afford the land, buildings, and insurance, I'm thinking of starting up by teaching art classes, or organizing art groups at the very least.
That is what I'm doing today. I'm going through my supplies trying to figure out what I should bring tomorrow morning for our first art soiree. We're meeting at a lovely darling dear friend's house to have coffee, nums and make some art. I am SO looking forward to it.
Already, my Mom is saying she's planning on coming along. This is great. She hasn't really made any art in quite some time, and that is quite sad since she is one hell of an artist. But, I'm trying to kick start her. I'm thinking drawing supplies & watercolors. hard to go wrong with that. :D Wish us luck! We're having fun either way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment