Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!


Our new years eve was pretty tame. It usually is. We are not drinkers or partiers per se. We tend to choose to spend most of our time with family. As a result, The eve was spent playing video games & watching movies, eating popcorn, snackin'..... like that. I got kisses from the hubster and both boys at midnight, then we all went to bed.
New Years Day, we always get together as a family and have a big dinner. I don't know if everyone else does this or not, but it's what my family has always done.
Mom, Dad, Gramma Flash & Matthew came over - Mom brought potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans & chocolate cake. Jenny came over with the girls and brought with her pop, cheese & crackers, and I made bbq ribs & blueberry pie.
That's my oldest posing with the pie up there.
It was a nice way to ring in the new year, and I can only hope that it brings with it lots of good health, wealth, and happiness to our family. We could use a nice change of pace, anyhow.

Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment