Saturday, April 17, 2010

'Round & 'Round & 'Round We Go ...

This is the part that makes me a little sad. My little boys' little pony is not quite enough for him. I love this pony. He's my little friend. He's a sweet old man, with a heart of gold. I have never met such a good fella, but my boy is supposed to go to fair, and well, Champ just isn't up to it. So, with a very heavy heart, we have put Champ up for sale. I am praying that he finds a home that will love him as much as we have. He gave my little boy some confidence, and taught him a little about horses. He snuggled my boys (the baby too), my nieces, and even my teenage nephew isn't afraid of him - an he is terrifed of horses for some unknown reason.
Yes, we will certainly miss the shaggy ol' fella. He tends to snuggle on little kids, or even just go stand by him. I have no idea what corner of heaven he came from, but I sure am glad that my older boy's first horse was such a great one.
I am so going to miss moments like this:

Yes, he's calm enough for my little guy to lead alone, and the boy's got the confidence to make him behave on line. (notice the boots)
But more than that, I will miss moments like this one:

He insisted on bringing his pony his 'dinner', and then sat down right next to the grain bucket so he could talk to him. I don't know what he told him, but he kept petting him & loving on him. Just looking at that picture makes me a little sad. It's almost as bad as when we sold my first horse. I was heartbroken. I don't know how Larry will handle seeing Champ move on to a new home, but - I don't think he'll have too much of a problem. I sat down and talked it over with him before hand. I was prepared for tears, anger & rage. I was so NOT ready for total calm, and a response of 'Ok. As long as Champ will be happy.' WOW. What a level headed, mature kid. He knows he's getting a different pony - still not 100% SURE on which one, but he's alright with letting the pony move on while he does the same. It's mindblowing to me. I will post more on the new pony when the choice is cemented, and we've got a name. Right now, I am being very sentimental over my little old man friend & his sweet little pony face.

No comments:

Post a Comment