Monday, August 31, 2009

Cool Weather

First of all, Lady is still here, for now. I'm trying to figure out what I can do with her. I hate all of my options, and I have to do what's best for both of us in the long run.

But, on better subjects, the kids are great - Larry is reading up a storm, and is becoming more and more confident with his reading. He read his first story in the 2nd grade level phonics, and had to share it by reading it to his brother, my mom, my gramma, my dad, and Larry Sr. Each individually. So, 'Blake the Snake' got some good distance. He read his 2nd story today, as we are trying to get our school schedule going. We do reading, handwriting, and creative writing every day, with weekends off. We're adding in science, math, and geography. We'll be adding in other subjects as the year goes on, we're just starting slowly. We'll be doing some sort of field trip every week, starting this week, where we will take everything in, and try to have good experiences every day. Right off the bat, for the month of September, we will be going to a fish hatchery, the beach, a forest walk, and an apple orchard. May be more to do too! The fish hatchery day will be a good long one, because we'll go salmon fishing on the river either that afternoon, or the saturday after.

David has been pulling himself up for quite some time now. He walks along the edge of his crib, and is eating like a little machine. He loves peaches and bananas best of all, but sure didn't mind chowin' on some of my pea soup once it had gone through the food mill.

On the horsey front, Trixie will have to wait a little until I know what to do with Lady. The decision is there, but I don't like my options. Something will happen, but I just want peace at the barn for the moment, so little is going on. Once the dust settles, I will work the snot out of Trixie to see if she's a keeper or not, and Rosie gets a trail crash course. If time permits, I hope for Velvet and I can find the time for a little work for our Halloween costume. :D Big plans, hope they work this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment