So, Jessica at The Magical Mundane, Thanks for the tag - looks to be a good one!!
This was originally started by Heather at the Top Ten Christmas Blog. I don't know if I know of enough blogs to complete the tag, but I will sure as sugar try.
*Just simply copy & past the questions into your blog and then answer them.
*Then, tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged.
*When you post your blog, please spread some Christmas Cheer and leave a link back to the Top Ten Christmas Blog, and the blog that you were tagged by.
1.Have you started your Christmas Shopping?
Nope. Not even a little bit.
2.Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Um... I can't think of anything super special. We unwrap the presents on Christmas Eve(Swedish thing) and have the Swedish traditions & kind of a fun night on the eve, followed by a traditional dinner on the day. Also, then Santa's presents are there in the morning - ooooo magical.
3.Are you a black friday shopper?
Hell no. I avoid that train wreck if at all possible.
4.When do you put up your tree?
Sometime between the first of December and Christmas Eve.
5.Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay here on the farm. Mom, Dad & Gramma are all right next door, so no need to travel.
6.What is your funniest Christmas memory?
Not much funny happens here, at least not funny enough to stick in my mind.
7.What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?
I dislike the movies. However, the christmas cartoons - awesome. I love MOST of them.
8.Do you do your own Christmas baking, and what's your favorite treat?
I do 90% of the Christmas baking for the whole family, and send treats to certain neighbors & friends. My fave? I can't really pick. Depends on the day of the week. Spritz, Date Bars, Fruit Drops, chocolate chip blondies, toffee squares, fig bars, sugar cookies, oh, just about everything.
9.Fake or real tree?
I prefer real, but it doesn't always work out for me.
10.What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
Depends on how far I have left to go/what is left to do.
11.Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
12.What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
Watching the kids unwrap their presents.
13.What Christmas Craft do you like best?
I like building gifts - rocking horses, useful things... and making christmas cards, cutting out paper snowflakes, making paper heart baskets, all kinds of things.
14.Christmas Music: Yes or No? If yes, what is your favorite Christmas song?
Yes. Bing Crosby - just any Bing. White Christmas is a MUST.
15.When do you plan to finish all of your shopping?
Probably just before Christmas Eve - if I'm lucky.
Here are the folks I am now tagging - most of them, I just love to read their stuff :D
1) http://theredneckmommy.com This woman is the shit. I love her. I do not know her, but her writing has made me cry on many occasions - in a good way. LOVE this site.
2) http://anotherchanceranch.typepad.com/another_chance_ranch/ I love this lady too. Another I do not know, but I love her friendly writing style, and she comes up with great ideas for friends & family. It helps, too that she is on a ranch - something I hope for one day.
3) http://violenceunsilenced.com/ Not for the faint of heart, and a totally different direction than the other blogs I follow, Violence Unsilenced is an incredible blog that sheds light on the horrors, and sad commonality of domestic violence in all it's forms. Give them some support. These women are so brave to share their stories.
4) http://strawnequine.blogspot.com HOSSES! I would love to have a little extra room in my barn for one of this lady's gorgeous reining quarter horses. And so much red .... oh, how I love the reds..... Paige writes about some of her day to day activities on her farm... (I love that name too... Paige)
5) and last, but certainly not least ... www.screweduptexan.com this lady has such great posts, humor, recipes.... contests sometimes too. that's always fun :D Just another neat lady.
There are more - one notable blog I have left out, just because I am 100% sure a post by little ol' me would go totally and completely unnoticed, but I'll post the link for your enjoyment anyhow. It is.... wonderful. Proceed at your own risk. You will be addicted. http://thepioneerwoman.com
Thanks Jess for the game! This was my first attempt at one of these, so I hope I did ya proud ;)